1) BLACK HONEY "All My Pride" (Foxfive Records, UK)
2) THE ACADEMIC "Mixtape 2003" (Unsigned, Ireland)
3) BEN DEY & THE CONCRETE LIONS "Life On Mars" (Unsigned, South Africa)
4) CATHOLIC ACTION "L.U.V" (Luv Luv Luv Records, Scotland)
5) LESSONS "Tempest" (Sinnbus, Germany)
6) TAMTAM "Old Soul" (Unsigned, Saudi Arabia)
7) VERONICA FUSARO "Pluto" (Unsigned, Switzerland)
8) THE LULU RAES "Never Leave" (Verge / Sony, Australia)
9) KATΙA "California Baby" (BMG, Scandinavia)
10) GASPARD ROYANT "7" Club" (Jive/Epic, France)
LISTEN TO THIS WEEK'S SHOW!
Artist Of The Week BEN DEY & THE CONCRETE LIONS
Ben Dey & The Concrete Lions (BDCL) are an Afro-Indie pop rock band from Cape Town. The name originates from the lead singer’s name, Ben Dey, and the term Concrete Lions represents the strength and tenacity found in African culture. Musically, they fuse indie folk with some locally inspired Afro-pop beats to create their unique blend. Their philosophy is that music speaks a universal language and can be used to uplift and inspire communities all around the world. Formed in 2015, BDCL is made up of Ben Del (lead singer), Ongama Mona (lead guitar, backing vocals), Alex Birns (percussion) and Dillon Birns (bass). Their single “Easy Love” reached No.1 on the 5FM Top 10@10 rock chart and received positive feedback from critics, including top South African blog Texx and the City who stated the band were “one of Oppikoppi’s greatest surprises” regarding their performance at Rocking The Daisies 2016. BDCL are ready to unleash a new single, “Life On Mars,” and continue to work towards their anticipated EP release.